Date: 13 September, 2018
Venue: Gujarat Vidhyapith, Ahmedabad
Gujarat Vidyapith was founded by Mahatma Gandhi in 1920. It has been experimenting Gandhi’s principal and established environmental friendly ways of living within campus.
- Introducing basic environmental concepts and terminology.
- Enhancing their knowledge about sustainable living by showing them live at Gujarat Vidhyapith (rain harvesting, waste composting, waste segregation, plantation etc)
- Providing understanding about environment is common resources and responsibilities by minimum use of resources.
- Sharing information about environmental status of Ahmedabad.
- The training started with registration and self-introduction of the participants.
- Welcome by Siddharth Pandey, President, Green Catalyst
- Introduction of the Paryavaran Mitra organization and Green Catalyst program was given by Manisha Patel, Paryavaran Mitra.
Lecture by Mr. Mahesh Pandya on basic environmental concepts and laws.
- A tour to Gujarat Vidhyapith campus showing them :
- Natural water coolers saving energy in the whole campus.
- Eco-friendly auditorium with 750 seating capacity
- 7 Water harvesting structure to accumulate rain water.
- Terrace and kitchen gardens
- Solar panels for street lights and steam cooking system.
- Biogas at canteen for cooking
- Lecture by Registrar of Gujarat Vidhyapith about Gandhian ways of sustainable living and its
implementation in life.
- Open session with students for discuss and come up with their strategies as a Green Catalyst. A succession plan was made by participants and team of Paryavaran Mitra.
The program ended with strategy to ahead with various awareness drives and programs, and immediate initiative was for ozone day celebration.