Date: 15 October, 2018
Venue: AMA, Ahmedabad
No. of Green Catalyst present: 28
- This year we have given special focus on school by collaborating with schools to carry out awareness programs throughout the year.
- Green Catalyst has already started the programs in 5 schools and organized 25 awareness programs in school. After these programs we needed feedback from school principals about their performance and also want them to guide for further programs.
- The training started with registration and self-introduction of the participants.
- Introduction of workshop by Siddharth Pandey, President, Green Catalyst and Viral Joshi, Head of School Program
- Presentations by Green Catalyst of respective schools, SKUM, Divan Bhallubhai School, Kameshwar School, Ognaj School, Vastrapur School.
- Feedback and suggestions by School principal/Guests:
- Ms. Ameeben Desai, SKUM School
- Mr. Anilbhai Raval, Diwan Ballubhai School
- Ms. Komalben, Ognaj Primary School
- Ms. Bhavnaben
- Ms. Priyanka Bhatt, CERC Envis, Ahmedabad
- Ms. Urviben
- Mr. Rajkumar Parmar, Kameshwar School
- Experience sharing by Mr. Mahesh Pandya, Ms. Manisha Patel, and Mr. Mahesh Parmar in working with Green Catalyst in School programs.
- Open session with students for discuss and come up with their strategies as a Green Catalyst. A succession plan was made by participants and team of Paryavaran Mitra.
The program ended with strategy to ahead with suggestions and feedback given by Principals and Guest
which are as follows:
- Forming a team of 5 to 10 students as Green Catalyst juniors in the school who can take lead to do environmental awareness programs in the school.
- Taking the school students to do activities outside the premises or in community on social and environmental issues.
- Raising vegetable garden in the school through students.
- Placing E-waste collection and used-Pen collection bins throughout the year and get it collected.
- New ideas of for environmental awareness:
- Skit on pollution of rivers: Showing the students the place of origin of river to its end and also the places where the river get polluted.
- Traditional practices religious beliefs, rituals, that signify conservation of environment
- Conducting tree parliament in the school.
- Homework or projects before taking new topics or awareness program. Giving students stars for good work.
- Celebrating No mobile week with students.