Date: 19 th October 2019
Venue: Ahmedabad Management Association, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad
Resource persons: Mr. Prakash Vaghela (Director, E.Coli Waste Management Pvt. Ltd), Ms. Nikita Parikh (student of TISS, Mumbai), Mr. Mahesh Pandya (Director, Paryavaran Mitra)
No. of participants: 40
- Waste and its impact
- Type of waste, law pertaining to each waste, and status of its implementation in India.
- E-waste and Plastic waste management
- Presentation of a case study: Living condition of people near Pirana Landfill site
- Discussion on implementation gap in India
- The training started with registration and self-introduction of the participants.
- Introduction of Green Catalyst program and last year’s achievements by Manisha Patel
- Lecture by Mr. Mahesh Pandya on type of waste and law pertaining to each waste.
- Presentation by Mr. Prakash Vaghela on E-waste and plastic waste management
- which included:
- Major sources and hazards of E-waste and plastic waste
- Environmental impacts of E-waste and advantages of scientific ways of recycling.
- Extended producer responsibility and responsibility of various stakeholders.
- Various provisions in E-waste and plastic waste rules.
- A research study was presented by students from Brighton Schools on “Comparative chemical study of soil near Pirana garbage dumpyard and its effect on community”.
- Experiences shared by Nikita Parikh, mentor to the students of Brighton School Students on her work on Pirana issue.
- Election of Green Catalyst core team.
The program ended with formation of a new core team and strategy to ahead with various awareness drives and programs in schools and community.